Caoimhe Daly - Associate
Caoimhe advises on a wide range of information technology, intellectual property, outsourcing, e-commerce, data protection and confidentiality issues, as well as general corporate, commercial and consumer law matters. She advises both public and private sector clients, including statutory bodies, local authorities, large retailers, technology companies and companies in the life sciences sector.
Caoimhe tutors at the Law School of the Law Society of Ireland in both IT and IP law, and has also lectured on design law and the protection of computer programs at the Law Society. Caoimhe has also published articles on the topic of data protection in the Sunday Business Post, Knowledge Ireland Magazine and Business & Finance Magazine, and has been a guest speaker on data protection at a conference run by Public Affairs Ireland.
Key transaction experience
- Advising leading Irish technology companies in relation to the licensing of their technology to multinational organisations.
- Advising in relation to IT procurement projects and large scale outsourcing projects.
- Advising a leading medical device manufacturer in relation to its manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Advising academic institutions in relation to technology transfer issues and the commercialisation of intellectual property.
- Advising start-up companies in the ICT sector on various IP and IT related matters.
- Law and French,LL.B.(Ling. Franc.), Trinity College, Dublin and Université de Poitiers, 2000
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor in Ireland, 2004
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- International Young Lawyers Association
- Licensing Executives Society