Catherine Guy - Managing Partner
Catherine is Managing Partner of the firm. She previously headed up our Property department and has a strong track record in large scale commercial development projects.
Catherine works with a wide range of clients and deals with a variety acquisition and investment and development proposals. This includes land acquisition and sales, mixed use development schemes, significant commercial development schemes and tax driven investments. The projects in which she has acted entail substantial involvement on planning issues and advices on and working with local authorities on issues relating to CPOs and funding matters.
Catherine chairs the firm's Management Committee.
Recent projects where Catherine has acted include a number of proposed substantial mixed use developments (incorporating a significant retail element, together with residential and commercial elements) including:
- Acting for a well know retailer in respect of multiple acquisitions and lettings and ongoing asset management. Catherine also coordinates and manages the delivery of legal services to this business from our teams in different disciplines.
- The proposed Bray Town Centre, the proposed redevelopment by Arnotts of the Northern Quarter at Henry Street/ Middle Abbey Street Dublin and the proposed Balbriggan Town Centre.
- Catherine has also advised in relation to hotel developments, tax structuring, substantial office developments, lettings (acting for landlords and tenants).
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Member of the Irish Centre for European Law
- Law Society of Ireland
- Institute of Directors, Ireland The Institute of Directors in Ireland - Celebrating 21 years...
Managing partner Catherine Guy is widely respected for her experience and client-driven approach. Clients enthuse: "She has sound commercial judgement and provides an excellent level of service; overall she is proactive and extremely personable." - Chambers & Partners 2014
Catherine Guy is a “focused and proactive lawyer who looks at things both commercially and practically.” “She tends to come up with the solution rather than the problem,” said one impressed client.
Regarded by sources as a "fantastic operator", Catherine Guy has a broad practice covering acquisition, investment and development. Sources say "It is an extremely practical firm that is determined to understand clients' needs and address the issues." This large team has enviable domestic track record and as warmly praised by clients for its commercial and focused advice. The firm has an increasingly international outlook and is particularly focused on inward investment - Chambers & Partners 2012
Catherine Guy is a leading figure in the group and acts on an impressive range of acquisitions and sales, development schemes and funding issues - Chambers & Partners 2011
Sources describe Guy as "an astute, practical lawyer with great clarity of thought" - Chambers & Partners 2010