Collette Staunton - Associate
Collette is a senior associate and specialises in residential and commercial property. She advises and acts in the acquisition and disposal of all types of residential and commercial property by private treaty, auction and tender. She is also regularly involved in the preparation of scheme documentation and agreements in respect of residential property developments and mixed residential and commercial property developments, reviewing and negotiating leases, agreement for leases, licences and other ancillary documentation for both landlords and tenants. More recently, Collette has advised receivers and liquidators in the property aspects of insolvency events.
Key transaction experience
- Advising Health Service Executive on property transactions, in particular on the sale and purchase of properties, landlord and tenant issues and in various licensing and leasing arrangements.
- Advising retailers, professional practices, investor groups, individuals and companies on occupational leases, licences and related matters including option agreements and planning issues.
- Advising Snowbury Limited, the owners of Killeen Castle Estate on all aspects of its development including agreements in respect of golf membership, scheme documentation re sale of units and sites and agreements with operators of facilities within the Estate.
- Advising the receiver and manager regarding the sale of Kinnitty Castle Hotel by tender.
- Advising the receiver and manager of Ocean Point Development Company Limited regarding a development at Courtown, Co. Wexford.
- B Corp Law, University College Galway, 1998
- LLB, University College Galway, 1999
- Qualified as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- The Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners