Eoghan Wallace - Partner
A partner in the firm's Health Services department since 2006, having joined the firm in 1997, Eoghan specialises in Health Care Law.
He primarily advises the HSE on childcare law and in all aspects of Health Care Law, including wardship applications, bringing applications for Care Orders and ancillary orders pursuant to child care legislation, bringing applications for special care and ancillary orders in the High Court, judicial reviews, habeas corpus, cases stated and injunctions and appeals to the Supreme Court. Eoghan also advises on public administration law, delegations, statutory functions and compliance with statutory requirements. He advises the HSE in respect of their obligations in relation to their interaction with the criminal courts.
- Successfully defended Judicial Review proceedings on behalf of the HSE with regard to its statutory obligations on the investigation of allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Successfully represented the HSE in respect of wardship proceedings initiated to protect the welfare of a number of teenagers operating a hunger strike.
- Successfully defended the HSE in Judicial Review proceedings in relation to the provision of After Care Services to children leaving care.
- Successfully defended habeas corpus applications in relation to the exercise of the HSE’s statutory obligations under the Child Care Act 1991.
- Successfully represented the HSE in wardship proceedings in the Circuit Court in relation to a high profile case in which the children’s mother was murdered by their father.
- Successfully represented the HSE in a 60 day hearing in the District Court in relation to care proceedings under the Child Care Act 1991.
- Successfully brought emergency applications under the Mental Health Act 2001 on behalf of the HSE.
- Significant Case Stated in the High Court in relation to the operation of the in camera rule in District Court proceedings in child care cases
- CEDR Mediation Advocacy Certificate, 2010
- BA, University College Dublin, 1995
- Graduate Diploma in Business Studies, Dublin Business School, 1996
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies, DIT, 1995
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Family Lawyers Association