Jill Twomey - Associate
Jill Twomey qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and joined the firm in April 2007, specialising in healthcare law since 2008.
- Jill has advised extensively in the area of healthcare law and has considerable experience before the Supreme Court, High Court, Circuit Court and District Court .
- Jill has extensive experience in the District Court in child care proceedings.
- Jill has experience in bringing applications in the District Court under Section 25 of the Mental Health Act 2001.
- Jill has been responsible for environmental health regulatory prosecutions (including prosecutions under the Public Health Tobacco Acts, Food Legislation and Child Care Pre-School Services Regulations). She has extensive prosecution experience in the District Court as well as experience in District Court civil enforcement. She advises on public administration law and the law of evidence.
- Jill has advised on issues relating to vulnerable adults including advices on the care of vulnerable adults and children, the administration of medical treatment to persons who lack capacity, the preparation of wardship applications, applications for permissive orders in the High Court, the protection of vulnerable persons including applications for Barring Orders under the Domestic Violence Acts, the conduct of inquiries into allegations of abuse of vulnerable persons and children and has advised on obligations of the Health Service Executive regarding vulnerable adults and children.
- Jill has been involved in the defence of a number of High Court and Supreme Court applications made under Article 40 of the Constitution (Habeas Corpus) relating to persons held under the Mental Health Act 2001.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) University College Dublin, 1998
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland, 2001
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) London, 1989
- Certificate in Human Rights, Law Society of Ireland, 2010
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Law Society of Ireland.