Jon Legorburu - Consultant
Jon Legorburu is Head of Dispute Resolution at ByrneWallace. His specialist areas are alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and litigation/arbitration, particularly in commercial and business affairs, and regulatory compliance matters. His work focuses on the early economic analysis of cases, rational behaviour in dispute situations, and strategies designed to achieve business gains where conflicts arise. He is well versed in all types of Court actions including Mareva Injunctions, Anton Piller Orders and other pre-emptive remedies. He has a very high success rate in getting disputes resolved quickly and effectively.
His chosen areas of specialisation are Company and Corporate disputes, regulatory disputes, project based litigation in the construction and logistics sectors, and intellectual property/information technology matters. His work has included representing clients in business critical injunctions to protect or freeze assets and he has worked in leading law firms in England and Australasia including Slaughter and May in the United Kingdom and Chapman Tripp in New Zealand, before joining ByrneWallace in 2010.
- Representing developers in pyrite related litigation
- Representing and successfully resolving disputes for numerous universities in litigation against global software suppliers
- Obtaining injunctive relief for clients in trade mark and patent infringement claims
- Resolving numerous partnership and shareholder disputes through mediation and Court action
- Acting in bank related litigation in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Representing a large London based stockbroker in a major IT re-insourcing project
- Acting for various companies in the aviation sector in supply contract disputes
- Acting for a major software manufacturer in the prosecution of its national anti-piracy programme
- Acting for a national media company in the prosecution of its database right infringement programme
- Advising on all areas of intellectual property including copyright, patents, trademarks, design right, passing off and database right.
Jon was educated at the University of Kings College where he obtained a BA with first class distinction, the University of Edinburgh where he received his law degree, and the London School of Economics where he obtained an Msc. He is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales, and in New Zealand where is he is admitted as a barrister and solicitor.