Paul McGennis - Partner
Paul has over 25 years experience advising in Banking and Financial Services and an in-depth understanding of the legal environments surrounding the banking industry. This experience is coupled with a strong background in commercial property.
Paul served as Managing Partner of ByrneWallace from December 2006 until June 2012.
Paul currently acts for a number of financial institutions including Danske Bank, Lloyds Banking/Bank of Scotland plc, IBRC and NAMA.
Paul is one of the founder members of Gateway to Europe a private initiative seeking to encourage US Companies seeking to expand into Europe using Ireland as the gateway.
Paul leads ByrneWallace's involvement as one of the founder members of the REITS Forum, a group of market participants who promoted the introduction of Real Estate Investments Trusts in Ireland.
Paul is also an active member of the Loan Market Association, participating in education and training seminars on industry standards and monitoring regulatory and fiscal/legal developments and updating industry relevant documentation and market guidelines.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Dublin, 1984
- LLM Commercial Law, University College Dublin, 1992
- Harvard Law School Executive Education Leadership in Law Firms, 2008
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Member, Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
- Member of the Institute of Directors of Ireland
- Member of the Loan Market Association
- Founder Gateway to Europe
- Founder REITS Forum
Paul is a recommended lawyer in Chambers and Partners 2012:
Paul McGennis has expertise across a range of issues and is regarded as a talented, experienced practioner.