Paul McGennis - Partner
Paul has 25 years experience advising in Banking and Financial Services and a strong understanding of the legal environments surrounding the banking industry. This experience is coupled with a strong background in commercial property. Paul served as Managing Partner of ByrneWallace from December 2006 until June 2012. Prior to his appointment as Managing Partner, Paul previously acted as Relationship Partner for several of the leading banks and lending institutions including IBRC and Bank of Scotland (Ireland) Limited ensuring the coordinated delivery of services to those clients. Paul currently acts for a number of financial institutions as part of the ByrneWallace team including Danske Bank, Lloyds Banking/Bank of Scotland plc, IBRC and NAMA. Paul is one of the founder members of Gateway to Europe (www.gatewaytoeurope2013.com) which is a private initiative seeking to encourage US Companies looking to expand into Europe to use Ireland as the gateway.
Paul leads ByrneWallace's involvement of founder member of the REITS Forum (www.irishreits.ie) who hosted the Irish REITS Conference at the Convention Centre on 24 January 2013.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Dublin, 1984
- LLM Commercial Law, University College Dublin, 1992
- Harvard Law School Executive Education Leadership in Law Firms, 2008
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Member, Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
- Member of the Institute of Directors of Ireland
- Founder Gateway to Europe (www.gatewaytoeurope2013.com)
- Founder REITS Forum (www.irishreits.ie)
Paul is a recommended lawyer in Chambers and Partners 2012:
Paul McGennis has expertise across a range of issues and is regarded as a talented, experienced practioner.