Sinead Murphy - Associate
Sinead is an Associate, focusing on real estate, corporate and financial services disputes
- Advising bank appointed receivers in the exercise of its powers to include its power of sale etc over security property and any potential issues of concern arising therefrom to include third party title claims and recovery of vacant possession
- Advising and acting for lenders in respect of High Court professional negligence actions against professional advisors for breaches of undertakings, misrepresentation and negligence.
- Acting for various lenders in connection with enforcement proceedings and debt recovery against borrowers to include summary and plenary actions in particular High Court/Commercial Court actions.
- Represents clients in connection with a wide variety of contractual disputes to include breach of contract claims involving claims for rescission/repudiation, specific performance, property encroachment and adverse possession claims and vendor/purchaser defect liability actions.
- Represented a property developer in High Court judicial review proceedings in relation to a decision of the Appeal’s Commissioner pursuant to a property tax scheme.
- Represented a property investment company in a successful High Court Commercial action against a Local Authority for the recovery of damages for breach of contract, misrepresentation and negligent misstatement involving the purchase of a development site.
- Represented a well known telecoms provider in a Commercial High Court action in connection with the valid exercise of a break option clause contained in a Lease which resulted in a successful mediation of the dispute between the parties.
- Representing a large department store in successfully settling a dispute pre-action in connection with a dispute as to liability for mense rates and issues such as vacant possession and valid exercise of a break clause. Acting for the landlord of a property in seeking to recover substantial rent sums from a tenant, the claim to which was entered into the Commercial Court and involved a successful mediation between the parties.
- Advising individual and corporate landlords, tenants and guarantors in respect of landlord and tenant rights, remedies and obligations.
- Representing clients in High Court and Circuit Court actions with regard to rent recovery, forfeiture/ejectment, vacant possession, break options, keep open clauses, compensation for improvements etc.
- Advising developer clients on certain minor and major defect complaints arising at developments with regard to rights and obligations available pursuant to Building Contracts and also on issues of dispute resolution to include arbitration, conciliation and mediation.
- Acting for a lender in High Court Appeals brought by customers in respect of decisions made by the Financial Services Ombudsman and providing advice to the Bank on procedural issues regarding its rights, duties and obligations pursuant to Ombudsman investigations.
- Acting for a lender in defence of various claims brought by customers and other third parties to include claims for negligence and breaches of statutory duty, defamation claims and damages claims for services provided.
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University College Cork, 2000
- Qualified as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2006
- Diploma in Commercial Property, Law Society of Ireland, 2008
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Assoication
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland