Eamonn is a Partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Corporate Department. Eamonn has extensive experience in company law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance, and advises domestic and international businesses on all aspects of corporate law.
Eamonn has advised on many significant and complex transactions including cross border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital investments. He also advises on shareholder and joint venture agreements and commercial contracts such as agency, franchise and distribution agreements. In addition Eamonn has advised extensively on company law and corporate governance and regularly advises on matters such as directors’ duties and shareholder rights and disputes.
Eamonn has a particular experience and interest in the food and healthcare sectors and also acts for a number of technology and renewable energy companies. Eamonn’s practice also extends to advising a wide range of public bodies on organisational, contractual and corporate governance issues.
- Advised Adaptive Mobile Security on its acquisition by Enea.
- Advised a prominent Irish vehicle fleet management company and its shareholders in connection with an investment by a financial institution and resulting joint venture.
- Advised Mainstream Renewable Power on the agreement for the acquisition of 75% of its shares by Norwegian company Aker Horizons in a transaction that values Mainstream at €1billion.
- Advised the majority shareholders of Interactive Services on its widely publicised sale to LRN Corporation (backed by Leeds private Equity).
- Advised Brookhaven Healthcare Group on its acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Advised the shareholders of the Callan Bacon Group on its sale to Eight Fifty Group.
- Acted for Staycity Investment Holdings Limited in its fundraising supported by the Irish Strategic Investment Fund and existing shareholders which was part of a €70million refinance package.
- Advised an international car manufacturer on its acquisition of a large Irish taxi cab company.
- Acted for an Irish state body relating to investments in a number of companies in the western region of Ireland.
- Advised numerous state bodies on corporate governance issues and the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies.
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University College Dublin
- LLM Commercial Law, University College Dublin
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma Arbitration Law, University College Dublin
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland