ByrneWallace LLP advises Integrity360....
HSS Hire Group
ByrneWallace LLP advises HSS Hire Group....
Corporate Access Legal Services Group
ByrneWallace LLP advises Corporate Access Legal Services Group....
Gerry is a partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Corporate team and Head of the ByrneWallace LLP Capital Markets Group. He advises regularly on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments (company and buy side), joint ventures, commercial contracts and corporate reorganisations and restructurings. He has advised funders and corporates on a number of transactions in the energy and resources sector.
Gerry chairs the firm’s Brexit steering group and has advised a number of domestic and international clients on various aspects of the impact of Brexit on their businesses.
Prior to joining ByrneWallace LLP, Gerry qualified as a solicitor in a leading City of London firm and worked in another leading Dublin law firm. Gerry has lectured in the Law Society, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ireland and has published articles in various publications including Finance Magazine.
- Advised Integrity360, one of the UK and Ireland’s fastest growing cyber security specialists, on a major strategic investment from leading London private equity firm August Equity.
- Advised HSS Hire Group, listed on the London Stock Exchange, in relation to the sale of plant hire business Laois Hire Services to Briggs Equipment Ireland.
- Advised the selling shareholders of Corporate Access, a market leading law searching services business, to the Phenna Group.
- Advised a South African fund on the sale of the Tesco Distribution centre in Donabate, Ireland’s largest building, to a Korean investor for approximately €160m. This deal represented the largest single-asset logistics transaction to have taken place in the Irish market.
- Advised a U.S. investment manager on the sale of a portfolio of approximately €45 million of Irish commercial real estate loans to Ready Capital, a real estate finance company headquartered in New York.
- Advised MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland, one of the leading PE funds in the Irish market, on significant investments in the logistics and travel sectors.
- Advised listed exploration and production company, Aminex plc on a number of equity (and debt) fundraisings, and in relation to the disposal of its US operations, a class one transaction for the purposes of the listing rules.
- Advised AIM and ESM listed oil and gas exploration and production company PetroNeft Resources plc in relation to a number of fundraisings as well as a shareholder requisition for an EGM aimed at the removal of the executive management team from the board.
- Advised Providence Resources plc on a number of fundraisings.
- Advised Island Oil & Gas plc in relation to its reverse takeover, which was carried out by way of a securities exchange.
- Advised the minority selling shareholders in Jellia Holdings on its €39m sale to Primary Health Properties Plc.
- Advised a brand name US multinational on a series of internal restructurings and intercompany and cash management transactions.
- Advised the Ward family in relation to the restructuring of Dublin Cinema Group and Cameo Cinema Group, which include some of Ireland’s best known cinemas, arising out of the settlement of a shareholder dispute.
- Advised a leading Irish document management and secure destruction company in relation to the sale of part of its business.
- Advised BT Ireland in relation to the provision of network and ICT services.
- Advised a leading security company in relation to a number of acquisitions of Irish businesses.
- Bachelor of Laws, Trinity College Dublin, 1998
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 1999
- Qualified as a solicitor in England, 2002
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland, 2003
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
‘I only use ByrneWallace in Dublin for our capital markets needs. Gerry Beausang and his team have provided good sound commercial advice to us.’ - Legal 500, 2021
‘Gerry Beausang is a very good adviser to have in your corner, and is very easy to work with.’ - Legal 500, 2021
‘ByrneWallace has a number of outstanding individuals to support specific projects. The key partner is Gerry Beausang, whose advice is always clear and relevant to our situation. Gerry provides us with an excellent legal basis to make well-informed commercial decisions.’ - Legal 500, 2021
‘Gerry Beausang is a top-quality lawyer who brings great experience to deals.’ - Legal 500, 2021
Gerry Beausang is extremely experienced, easy to deal with and takes a very pragmatic approach to deals. He does not engage in point scoring which can often get in the way of getting the job done and is a very straight shooter. You know where you stand at all times and there are no surprises. - Legal 500, 2020
Gerry Beausang is very experienced and provides plenty of direct partner involvement. - Legal 500, 2020
Gerry Beausang is a trusted adviser to my company. He has a great knowledge of all matters he has worked on for us and can be relied on for clear, concise and timeous advice. - Legal 500, 2020
Clients describe Gerry Beausang as 'personally incredibly committed to each engagement', - Legal 500, 2019
Gerry Beausang provides ‘strong listing advice’ to clients. - Chambers Europe, 2018
Gerry Beausang has ‘a good understanding of commercial factors’. - Legal 500, 2018
Gerry Beausang of ByrneWallace impresses clients with his well-rounded experience across ECM. Interviewees state: "We can rely on him for everything - he tells it how it is and facilitates commercial decisions." - Chambers Europe, 2016
Gerry Beausang is ‘an excellent negotiator’ - Legal 500, 2016
According to clients, "his area of expertise is working with public companies, and he brings a technical strength to the discussion." - Chambers & Partner's, 2015
Gerry Beausang is praised by clients as "a great operator." He acts on a broad range of public and private transactions including IPOs, secondary fund-raisings and M&A. - Chambers Global, 2014
"He is solution-oriented and takes a pragmatic approach to problem solving," says a source. Chambers Global, 2013
Gerry Beausang is praised for his "fantastic, first-class advice." He recently advised Providence Resources on its USD65 million fund-raising. - Chambers Global, 2012.