Helen Gibbons is a Partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Litigation & Dispute Resolution team.
Helen has strong experience as a commercial litigator and in advising senior management of corporate and public-sector bodies in all areas of litigation and regulatory matters including investigations, judicial review, contract and commercial disputes. Helen also has expertise in property and planning litigation advising owners and developers. She draws on her prior experience and knowledge in areas of corporate and property law to compliment her practice.
Helen represents clients in all court jurisdictions. She advises and represents clients on alternative dispute resolution processes including mediation and arbitration. Helen is proactive in attempting to achieve early dispute resolution.
- Acting for a developer in a complex, multi-party litigation in relation to claims of pyrite presence in the sub-floor of houses in a high-end housing estate.
- Acting for a claims management company on a multi-million euro contractual dispute for services provided by the plaintiffs in preparation of over 14,000 claims brought before the Commercial Court of Toulon by victims of defective PIP implants.
- Acting for the State Health Agency in the prosecution of High Court claims for breach of statutory obligations and recovery of statutory charges.
- Acting for an Independent Expert Review Team during the course of a very high profile and complex review in order to minimise the exposure to risk of litigation, defamation proceedings or judicial review proceedings.
- Advising the State Health Agency in relation to a complex review resulting in a joint investigation into Good Clinical Practice process failures requiring engagement with all stakeholders, including regulatory bodies and third party commercial entities.
- Acting for a public body as notice party in Judicial Review proceedings brought under the European Regulations regarding the request for access to court records. A Preliminary Reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union has been made.
- Acting for a global discount supermarket in a Judicial Review concerning a multi-million euro mixed use development.
- Advising various public bodies on their powers and functions under and on the drafting of regulations.
- Advising a Credit Union in relation to provision of certain services and engagement with the Central Bank of Ireland regarding regulatory requirements for the provision of certain services.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Dublin, 1994
- Bachelor of Law, University College Dublin, 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland, 2001
- Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute, Irish Tax Institute 2003
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales, 2011
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitor's Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales