Mark is a litigation and regulatory investigations partner in ByrneWallace LLP.
Mark advises domestic and international organisations on complex disputes with a particular focus on corporate disputes, contentious intellectual property and insurance matters in the education, health, life science and TMT sectors.
Mark also has extensive experience in advising private, semi-state and public organisations in the context of regulatory investigations and enquiries.
Reputation management is core to Mark's expertise and he has managed the corporate reputation strategies of numerous companies through times of crisis.
- Managing strategic corporate disputes for publically listed companies, multinational corporations and large Irish companies.
- Advising businesses on contractual disputes, minority oppression actions and quasi-partnership disputes before the Commercial Court and High Court.
- Acting for organisations in intellectual property disputes, particularly patent disputes and passing-off actions.
- Advising on insurance policy interpretation and coverage with a particular focus on business interruption insurance, D&O insurance and environmental impairment liability insurance.
- Advising organisations during internal investigations and managing external engagements with regulatory bodies and parliamentary committees.
- Advising domestic and international companies on protecting their corporate reputations both online and in traditional media.
- Law and Accounting, University of Limerick, 2003
- Admitted as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2008
- Commercial Diploma in Commercial Litigation, Law Society of Ireland, 2009
- Professional Diploma in Arbitration, University College Dublin, 2011
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Arbitration Ireland
- British Irish Commercial Bar Association