Zelda DeasyPartner firstname.lastname@example.org +353 1 691 5654
Sceptre Hospitality Resources
ByrneWallace LLP advises Sceptre Hospitality Resources....
ByrneWallace LLP advises ValitaCell....
ByrneWallace LLP advise on Yebba Investments Limited....
Zelda is a Partner in the ByrneWallace LLP Corporate Department who specialises in data protection and privacy as a member of the ByrneWallace LLP cross-departmental data protection team.
Zelda advises both private sector organisations and public bodies on all data protection matters, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating data transfer/data sharing agreements, data processing agreements, online terms and conditions, privacy/cookies policies and data protection policies. She advises on international data transfers, data subject access requests, data protection impact assessments, e-privacy/direct marketing requirements, data protection gap analyses, data protection by design, data protection in the context of corporate transactions and general data protection advisory and compliance work.
Zelda advises on commercial contracts, including service provider, agency/marketing and distribution and outsourcing agreements across a wide range of sectors, including the telecoms, technology, construction, energy, transport, life sciences, healthcare, financial services and FMCG sectors. Zelda’s clients include companies at all stages of development from start-ups and entrepreneurs to SMEs and scaling companies to large domestic and multi-national organisations and public bodies.
Zelda has extensive experience in general corporate and commercial matters, both transactional and advisory. Her experience includes private equity/venture capital, mergers and acquisitions and restructurings, joint ventures, seed and growth stage fundraisings, shareholders’ agreements, limited partnerships, corporate governance and compliance and advising on company law matters.
Zelda’s combined experience in corporate/commercial law and her data protection and commercial contracts expertise enables her to provide practical, solution focused advices to clients, while ensuring compliance with data protection regulatory requirements.
- Advising global energy developer Mainstream Renewable Power on the updating and re-drafting of their full suite of data protection and privacy related polices, contractual documentation and GDPR and privacy compliance requirements in advance of the recent sale of the Group to Aker Horizons ASA; advising on data protection considerations arising in the context of the sale; advising on requirements for transfers of personal data outside the EEA.
- Providing ongoing advices to a leading Irish medical devices company on all manner of data protection matters affecting their business including drafting and advising on numerous commercial/data protection agreements and policies, negotiating various clinical trial agreements and terms and conditions/contracts with counterparties, advising on the data protection considerations involved in the implementation of new business lines and advising on requirements for inter-group and international data transfers.
- Advising on data protection matters arising in the course of transactions, including data protection due diligence reviews and reports, disclosure processes, warranties and indemnities, data rooms and data processing/sharing agreements and arrangements required in the context of corporate transactions. Zelda recently provided data protection advice to the majority shareholder and the target in the cross-border acquisition of a majority stake in the Integrity360 Group, a leading Irish-based global cybersecurity firm by UK-based private equity firm August Capital.
- Advising a leading international logistics company in respect of a cyber incident affecting its’ business, leading in respect of the drafting and review of the data processing and data sharing agreements and policies required and remedial work involved following the breach.
- Advising various public bodies on data protection contractual and compliance requirements including reviewing and drafting various commercial agreements, data sharing agreements, data processing agreements for outsourced functions and advising on data protection impact assessments on proposed activities, advising on contractual and policy requirements in the aftermath of cyber-security breaches and advising on international data transfers.
- Advising numerous Irish and international clients on the requirements for international data transfers in the context of Schrems II and recent EDPB Guidance in this area.
- Advising multiple corporate/private sector clients on “data protection by design” requirements for various new projects, ongoing data protection compliance and data protection contractual and policy requirements.
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, 2019
- Certificate in Commercial Contracts Practice, 2018
- Qualified as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2005
- Bachelor of Civil Law (UCD), 2000
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Ranked as a Next Generation Partner for Data Privacy and Data Protection, Legal 500 2022.
"I have found Zelda Deasy’s expertise in the area to be of the highest level and she always makes herself available to us, sometimes at very short notice. She brings in additional resources where required and can look at things both from a purely legal perspective and with a business understanding." Legal 500, 2022
“Zelda Deasy was in charge of the team engaged for our Data Protection requirements. Zelda demonstrated strong leadership throughout. She applied an organised approach to the work requirements and the results were delivered in a professional and practical manner and clearly reflected the needs of our business. Her knowledge in this area came across as exceptional.” Legal 500, 2021
“I would like to highlight Zelda Deasy at ByrneWallace for her outstanding work on data protection. The project that Zelda took on to manage for us was not straight-forward or indeed easy but Zelda was able to get to grips with it immediately and bring order to a lot of disorder very quickly! Zelda is thorough and will critically examine the matter at hand. Zelda is an expert on data protection matters." Legal 500, 2021
“We met a number of members within the team, managed by Zelda Deasy, and they sought a thorough understanding of our business in order to deal with our requirements effectively. There was a practical approach taken by the team and their knowledge of their individual work areas was exceptional. Their response times to our queries were quick and concise and overall the team was a pleasure to deal with.” Legal 500, 2021