Solicitor - Corporate
To meet the expansion of our corporate and commercial practice and the developing needs of our clients, we are looking for new team members to join our Corporate Department. Overall, we are seeking excellent candidates who are highly motivated; have strong and demonstrated technical competencies including excellent interpersonal skills to fit with ByrneWallace LLP. The Corporate Department of ByrneWallace LLP provides proactive and quality advice to a broad range of clients (including public and private companies and State bodies) across a wide range of sectors including, the ICT, Life Sciences, Energy, Healthcare, and FinTech sectors. The Firm is currently advising on a range of high value and quality corporate and commercial transactions. Successful candidates will be able to develop their careers in a market leading Irish corporate practice which offers a collegiate and supportive working environment.
Assistant solicitor in the corporate department to assist corporate partners and associates on a range of corporate transactions and commercial work. Responsibilities which will be under Partner and Associate supervision depending on level of PQE will include:
- Working on legal due diligence exercises and preparing draft due diligence reports.
- Preparing and reviewing disclosure letters
- Preparing initial drafts of Share Purchase Agreements, Asset Purchase Agreements, Subscription and Shareholders Agreements.
- Preparing initial drafts of a range of commercial contracts including distribution, licensing and franchise agreements.
- Dealing with company secretarial matters and CRO filings.
- Preparing all ancillary documentation for completion of transactions, including board minutes, shareholders resolutions and consents.
- Reviewing company registers
- Conducting legal research
- Complying with all financial KPIs around time recording and invoicing.
- Supervising work of trainees and legal executives
- Assisting with business development initiatives and projects including preparation of briefings and presentations
- Assisting with continuous professional development including preparation of CPD presentations
Responsible for performing against and achieving the following KPIs against set targets:
- Time Recording
- Fee Generation/Fees issued
- % Outstanding Invoices
- Unbilled Disbursements
- Work in Progress (WIP).
Other key areas of responsibility:
- Support and assist in the provision of high quality legal services to the Firm’s clients.
- Represent and assist clients as required.
- Case Management
- Monitor of case or key dates
- Support and action all the firm's financial systems in relation to time recording, billing, credit control.
Business Development & CRM (Interaction) - identify business opportunities & build client relationships for the Firm; attract new business; networking skills; commercial awareness. Maintain quality records on Interaction; contribute to BD initiatives and record all activities on Interaction.
Knowledge & Expertise – support the development of the Firm’s and own knowledge. In addition to achieving the Law Society CPD requirement, you are also expected to contribute 30 hours to your department’s precedents, know how & training initiatives, and the Firm’s CPD seminars. Suggest content & contacts for the Firm’s client bulletin.
- Maintain awareness of your role in managing professional risk issues.
- Comply with all of the Firm's policies & procedures; attend risk briefings & support Firm-wide risk management initiatives.
- Adhere to the file review and closure process and ensure all open and in-active matters are reviewed and closed as appropriate.
- Support the implementation of the Firm's LEXCEL System.
Firm Contribution – is committed to the firm’s goals, its ethos and culture. Participates in events as required to assist and promote the profile of the firm.
- Support implementation of the Firms Information Security Management and comply with the Firms Information Security Statement
- Adhere to data classifications and handling rules
- Report Breach of Policy, Incident or Security Weakness
- Comply with the ISMS-04 User’s Information Security Policy Statements
- Qualified Solicitor
- Will have completed a rotation in corporate during traineeship
- At minimum legal experience gained as a Trainee Solicitor
Staff may be requested to carry out such reasonable tasks as may from time o time occur.If you are interested in being considered for the above position, please submit your CV in confidence to Gráinne McManus, HR Generalist by email at email@example.com. For further information on ByrneWallace LLP, please see our website www.byrnewallace.com.
Please click here to view our ByrneWallace LLP Recruitment Data Protection Policy in relation to how we will be processing your information.