Financial Services - Insurance
ByrneWallace LLP has extensive, in-depth and practical expertise advising all types of insurers and intermediaries on a myriad of regulatory, commercial, and contentious matters. With hands-on, real-world expertise gained while working in and/or with insurance companies, intermediaries, and the Central Bank, our team can offer unparalleled support and guidance on all aspects of managing insurance, reinsurance, and intermediary business, with the benefit of years of experience throughout the sector and with related financial services providers.
We have expertise in dealing with transactions, contentious, and advisory issues which emerge for life and non-life insurers, reinsurers, captives, mutual, SPVs, intermediaries, and more – from issues as varied as establishment and licensing, acquisitions and disposals, reinsurance treaties, outsourcing arrangements, portfolio transfers, joint ventures, cross-border mergers and business structures, and regulatory compliance with conduct of business and consumer protection rules.
Drawing on the expertise of specialist lawyers from across the firm including financial services, litigation, corporate, pensions, employment, data protection, corporate crime, with experience advising this sector, ByrneWallace LLP can provide an integrated service and excellent advice tailored to your specific needs.
- Establishment in Ireland, either through an Irish subsidiary, EU freedom of establishment or services basis, or otherwise.
- Authorisation by the Central bank of Ireland, or passporting (/notification), where appropriate
- Establishing appropriate internal arrangements and governance structures, from schemes of delegation from boards, to director letters of appointment, record/data retention policies, and mandatory filings.
- Regulatory change, including assisting with submissions on draft rule changes, assisting in gap analyses, providing expert analysis on questions of interpretation, etc.
Significant events, from planning and executing on changes in operating structure, to dealing with unforeseen developments.
- Negotiating contracts and other arrangements with outsourcing service providers, master agents, reinsurers,vendors, and other counterparties, to insure the best interest of the firm is protected.
- Assisting in managing interaction with regulators, policy makers, and other key stakeholders, including in correspondence, meetings, and through industry bodies.
Sale, wind down, and liquidation / disestablishment of service providers, including managing run-off and residual activities.