Financial Services Regulatory Investigations
ByrneWallace LLP has a dedicated financial services investigations and risk offering, and has been at the forefront of contentious regulatory mandates in the financial services market for many years. We have acted in the tracker mortgage investigation, and are a lead legal adviser to the credit union sector.
Our team includes some of the most experienced and effective lawyers with specialist expertise providing advisory services in the fields of financial services regulation, risk management and strategic advice in dispute / investigation management in Ireland.
We provide a full range of advisory and representative legal services in relation to regulatory investigations and enforcement including:
- Investigations by the Central Bank and other regulators into adequacy of systems and controls
- Enforcement procedures of the Central Bank, including Fitness and Probity
- Appeals to the Irish Financial Services Appeals Tribunal
- Administrative sanctions process of the Central Bank
- Complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman, including mis-selling of products
- Litigation relating to financial services products generally
- Third party expert reports
- Issues of privilege
- Reporting obligations
- Advising two large banks on the tracker mortgage investigation
- Advising on appeals to The Irish Financial Services Appeals Tribunal (IFSAT).
- Acting for the Irish League of Credit Unions in judicial review proceedings with the Regulator.
- Advising bondholders in various situations in relation to their rights and in litigation under the Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Act 2011.
- Acting for the Financial Services Ombudsman.