Health and Safety
Our cross departmental team advise on all aspects of health and safety law including both statutory and common law obligations. The team is composed of members from our Construction, Employment and Litigation and Dispute Resolution teams thus offering a broad range of expertise and experience.
We have experience of advising clients on a wide range of health and safety issues including during HSA investigations and in defence of criminal prosecutions. This experience spans a number of sectors including energy and natural resources, manufacturing, healthcare, construction, transport and security. Our clients span both the private and public sectors.
- Advising on health and safety legislation
- Advising on employer and employee obligations
- Review of key documentation including risk assessments and safety statements
- Drafting health and safety documentation including PSCS and PSDP appointments
- Advising on incidents and accidents, including in respect of civil and criminal liability
- Representing parties in claims for bullying, stress and harassment
- Representing parties during HSA investigations and any subsequent prosecution
- Advising and acting in defence of civil liability claims
- Health and safety due diligence in corporate transactions
- Bespoke training
- Representing a security services company during a HSA investigation arising from a fatal accident
- Advising on fire safety in respect of storage facilities for a logistics company
- Due diligence in respect of the acquisition of a lift company
- Advising receivers on health and safety issues arising from abandoned sites and ghost estates
- Advising a client in respect of a HSA investigation arising from the death of a contractor on their premises
- Representing a company in defence of a prosecution by the HSA arising from workplace accident which resulted in the loss of a limb by an employee
- Advising and representing company in an investigation by the HSA into the death of an independent contractor on a building site
- Advising on all aspects of a HSA investigation in the healthcare sector, including detailed engagements in respect of the interaction between legislation and various policies.